CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
FEDERATION OF BUSINESS DISCIPLINES CONFERENCE
Albuquerque, New Mexico,
March 7-10, 2018
You are invited to submit a completed paper, proposal, or abstract for a poster presentation at the ABIS Conference to be held in conjunction with the FDB Conference in March 2018. Submissions are due September 16, 2017.
Research findings and position papers relating to the following topics are suggested:
- Business Analytics
- Computer and Software Applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Database/Records Management
- Distance and Mobile Learning and Curriculum Development
- Information Systems, Networks, and Programming
- Social Media Practices, Pedagogy, and Security
- Teaching and Corporate Training Platforms
- Web Design and E-Commerce
- Wireless and Cloud Computing
- Completed papers must be at least 1500 words, proposals must be at least 500 words, and abstracts for posters approximately 250 words. Papers and proposals must include a clear statement of the problem, review of related literature, description of methodology and/or procedures, and results.
- Submission must be entirely original: not under concurrent consideration, scheduled for presentation elsewhere, or previously published.
- Submissions are blind reviewed. Create a cover sheet with the proposal title, names of all authors, affiliations, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Place the body of the papers/proposals/abstract on the second page. List the title, an abstract of about 50-75 words, and the items stated above. Authors should remove any identifying information and affiliation in the body.
- Save document in a single Word document and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In email, please indicate if your submission is an “abstract for poster”, “proposal to present”, or is a “completed paper to be considered for the Distinguished Paper Award.”
Completed papers selected for presentation will be considered for the Distinguished Paper Award and qualify for submission for peer review to both the 2018 ABIS Proceedings and the Cabell’s listed Journal for Research in Business Information Systems (JRBIS). At the ABIS Business meeting, both the Journal Editor and the Proceedings Editor will distribute a Call for Manuscripts/Papers with submission guidelines, and at a later date will e-mail those submission guidelines to respective authors.
** All accepted papers must have one conference-attending author who must register with both FBD and ABIS (Totaling $150) to be qualified for submission to either the ABIS Proceedings or JRBIS.
FBD Statement of Academic Integrity: Your paper should not have been previously published or previously presented at any conference. Please indicate to the program chair if your paper is currently under submission to another FBD association. If your paper is later accepted by another FBD association, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate program chairs.
Contact Degan Kettles, ABIS Vice President/Program Chair Phone: 405-689-0032 | Email: email@example.com