CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
FEDERATION OF BUSINESS DISCIPLINES CONFERENCE
Little Rock, Arkansas, March 8-11, 2017
You are invited to submit a completed paper or proposal for presentation at the ABIS Conference to be held in conjunction with the FDB Conference in March 2017. Submissions are due October 7, 2016.
Research findings and position papers relating to the following topics are suggested:
- Administrative/Virtual Management and Policy
- Computer and Software Applications (e.g., MS Office)
- Database/Records Management
- Distance and Mobile Learning and Curriculum Development
- Information Systems, Networks, and in Programming
- Social Media Practices, Pedagogy, and Security
- Teaching and Corporate Training Platforms
- Web Design and E-Commerce
- Wireless and Cloud Computing
- Completed papers must be at least 1500 words, and proposals must be at least 500 words. Both must include a clear statement of the problem, review of related literature, description of methodology and/or procedures, and results.
- Submission must be entirely original: not under concurrent consideration, scheduled for presentation elsewhere, or previously published.
- Submissions are blind reviewed. Create a cover sheet with the proposal title, names of all authors, affiliations, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Place the body of the papers/proposals on the second page. List the title, an abstract of about 50-75 words, and the items stated above. Authors should remove any identifying information and affiliation in the body.
- Save document in a single Word document and send via email to email@example.com. In email, please indicate if your submission is a “proposal to present” or is a “completed paper to be considered for the McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award.”
Completed papers selected for presentation will be considered for the McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award and qualify for submission for peer review to both the 2017 ABIS Proceedings and the Cabell’s listed Journal for Research in Business Information Systems (JRBIS). At the ABIS Business meeting, both the Journal Editor and the Proceedings Editor will distribute a Call for Manuscripts/Papers with submission guidelines, and at a later date will e-mail those submission guidelines to respective authors.
** All accepted papers must have one conference-attending author who must register with both FBD and ABIS (Totaling $150) to be qualified for submission to either the ABIS Proceedings or JRBIS.
Instructions for Posters
- Posters are informal presentations featuring solutions to problems and innovative projects with lessons for the academic and research library community. Your topic could be described by text, graphics, photographs, illustrations.
- Authors of accepted posters must attend the conference for the poster to be displayed and presented.
- Posters will be displayed in a designated space at the Conference venue. Display panels will be provided. Please bring your printed poster as we are unable to provide printing service. You will affix the poster to foam core with pins or tape, which will be provided. Size is 16×20 or 20×24.
If you have any questions concerning this Call for Papers, please contact:
Association of Business Information Systems (ABIS), Vice President/Program Chair