ARTICLE I. NAME
This organization shall be known as the Association of Business Information Systems.
This organization shall be a nonprofit professional collegiate association, consisting of members of the faculty and staff of accredited institutions that have a professional interest in the fields associated with business information systems
ARTICLE II. PURPOSES
This organization’s activities are designed to:
- provide for national conferences, with at least one held at the time and site of the Federation of Business Disciplines.
- provide opportunities for personnel contacts between faculties and staffs of instructions who are engaged in business information systems or in preparation of students for careers in fields related to information resources.
- encourage exchange of ideas and experiences among collegiate faculties and staffs having an interest in problems associated with information systems and information resources in education, business and industry, government, and the professions.
- cooperate in research projects that may be undertaken by members.
ARTICLE III. EXECUTIVE BOARD
Section 1. Functions
This association shall be administered by its Executive Board.
Section 2. Membership on the Executive Board
The Executive Board shall consist of the President, Vice President/Program Chair, Secretary/Treasurer, Historian/Parliamentarian, and the Past President.
Section 3. Board Meetings
- The Executive Board shall hold one annual meeting at the time and place of the Federation of Business Disciplines convention.
- Special meetings of the Executive Board may be called by the President.
Section 4. Powers and Duties
- The Board shall bring before the membership matters of concern to the association.
- The Board shall plan and conduct the annual convention.
- The Board shall accept resignations of any of its officers and fill vacancies that may arise during the year.
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERS
Section 1. Titles
- The officers of the association shall be a President, a Vice-President/Program Chair, a Secretary/Treasurer, a Journal Editor (3-yr. term), a Proceedings Editor (1 to 3-yr. term), and a Historian/Parliamentarian (ex-officio).
Section 2. Election and Term of Office
- The President, Vice-President/Program Chair, Secretary/Treasurer, Journal Editor (3-yr. term) and Proceedings Editor (1 to 3-yr. term) shall be elected at the annual meeting held at the time and site of the FBD convention. The Historian/Parliamentarian position shall be appointed by the Executive Board and will serve at the pleasure of the Executive Board as an ex-officio member.
- Any full-time member of a department or discipline related to Information Resources (Office Systems/Administration, Information Systems, Library Sciences, etc.) may be elected to office.
- Officers shall assume their duties at the conclusion of the annual conference and serve for a term of one year, unless otherwise indicated.
ARTICLE V. MEMBERSHIP
Membership is open to any faculty or staff member or business and industry professional who has an announced interest in Information Resources.
ARTICLE VI. AMENDING CONSTITUTION
Proposed changes of the Constitution and Bylaws must be submitted in writing to the President of the Association of Business Information Systems who will present them to the officers at the Executive Board Meeting. If the Board approves the changes, the amendments will be presented to the membership at the annual business meeting. The Constitution and Bylaws may be amended by two-thirds of the membership in attendance at the annual business meeting.Constitution last revised in 2008.