Federation of Business Disciplines
The Federation of Business Disciplines (FBD) is a successful nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization. It was founded in 1973 and held its first meeting in 1974. FBD developed into one of the largest, most prestigious annual meetings for those disciplines common to business administration and has both national and international constituencies of more than 1,300 college professors from schools of businesses attending its annual meetings.
FBD presently includes 12 professional associations that focus on the promotion and improvement of research and educational activities of schools and colleges of business administration.
- These associations have joined together to form a federation designed to:
- Provide and coordinate an annual meeting for association members.
- Present a common general program in which all association members will participate together.
- Provide a forum through its annual meeting to discuss and exchange ideas and to present formal research papers.
- Foster professional growth and enrichment for members of each association.
- Provide information which can be used to improve classroom instruction, research and academic or business development.
- Recognize outstanding papers presented at the meeting through its sponsored distinguished paper award.
- Provide a placement service for academic positions.